Next meeting: Wednesday 21st October, 8:00 p.m. in the Primary School.
- Adopted minutes of June meeting
Stirling Council's September Community News Sheet is available.
Councillor Graham Lambie's Forth and Endrick (Killearn) for September is available.
The Police Report for September is available, including comments from KCC.
The Autumn issue of the Community News Sheet is available from the NHS Forth Valley website.
The next round of Stirling Council's Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) will begin soon. Another Community Conversation meeting for the public will be held at Balfron High School on Monday 28th September, 7.00 pm - 9.00 pm. The PBB Interim Report is available from the Stirling Council website.
The Planning Schedule covering June-September is now available.
- There are three current consultations concerning Killearn which will be on our September agenda. If you have any views on these, please come to the meeting or contact us.
- Stirling Council is consulting on an updated Local Development Plan. A draft main issues report and a site assessment for Killearn are available from the SC website. No new housing allocations for Killearn. Sites offered at Ibert Farm, Dumgoyne, Lampson Rd and Lampson Loan have been rejected as unsuitable. Large scale housing development at the Hospital has also been rejected because of distance from the village and lack of public transport.
- Stirling Council is consulting on a proposal to introduce a section of double yellow lines on Station Rd near Balfron Rd. A map showing the exact location is available.
- The Boundary Commission for Scotland is consulting on ward boundary proposals affecting Forth and Endrick ward which includes Killearn. Under the proposals the boundary would be extended to include Cambusbarron and we would be allocated four councillors, instead of the current three.
Next Generation Broadband is coming to Killearn, but not everyone's internet access will be improved at the same time or by the same amount. KCC has set up Killearn Broadband Group (KBG, definitely not the former Soviet security agency) to try and monitor the situation and lobby for the best possible outcome for Killearn. We have a new section on our website which will be updated whenever we receive new information.