Next meeting: Wednesday 20th June, 8:00 p.m. (preceded by AGM at 7:45 p.m.) in the Primary School.
- Adopted minutes of April meeting
Active Stirling Walks: Would you like to get out and meet other folk who are interested in a short 30-45 minute local walk on a regular weekly basis? Active Stirling runs a weekly walk on a Thursday afternoon at 2pm from various nearby locations - it is a fun , friendly , easy walk with no hills and there is always tea and coffee afterwards- very sociable! It is also dementia friendly. More details on the Active Stirling website, including the latest walks programme.
Come along and give it a try - great way to get back on your feet after an illness or operation.
The Broadband report for May is available.
The Planning schedule for April-May is available.
Roads: The Roads Report for May is available.
Police: The Police Report for May is available.
Stirling Council's April Community News Sheet is available.
Broadband: The April update is available.
Rural Tourism Infrastructure Fund: The rural tourism infrastructure fund was launched in 2017, to encourage communities to look at projects focused on improving the visitor experience in rural parts of Scotland e.g. parking, recycling etc. Guidelines for the fund have been updated as of 28 March 2018 and applications from local authorities/collaborative groups are invited:
- The deadline for initial expressions of interest is 27 April 2018
- The deadline for final application is 27 July 2018
For further information please contact the team at RTIF@visitscotland.com
- Closure of Kerse Bridge, Stirling – Update March 2018: Network Rail will now close the Kerse Bridge from Monday 16th April. More detail is available in a poster and their March monthly update.
- A81 between Balfron Station and Ballat - Update 9/3/2018: Scottish Water have information on their website stating that the aqueduct repair works will be completed during the week beginning 7th May 2018. The road closure and diversions will be removed at this time. With permission of Stirling Council, Scottish Water are working seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to complete the repairs.
- A81 between Balfron Station and Ballat: Aqueduct repair works. 19th September 2017 -
15th December 2017Spring 2018 (Note extension). Detour via B834, A809, A811. Scottish Water have supplied a postcard-style information document.
Balfron Co-op Car Park: There seems to be some confusion over parking in the car park next to the Balfron Co-op. Signs on the wall of the Coachhouse Inn indicate that the adjacent spaces are private parking for customers only. However, these signs have no legal force since the car park is jointly owned by the Co-op and Stirling Council, and can be ignored.
Killearn Community Council now has a Facebook page!.